End-of-Line test station for electric power steering systems (EPS/EPAS)
100 % testing of EPAS systems, integrated in the assembly line. In addition to the function tests, the test bench also performs an acoustic test on every steering gear.
The new generation of Klotz steering gear test benches are based on many years of practical experience as well as the results of research and development studies. Computer-controlled function tests can be performed on mechanical and electromechanical rack-and-pinion steering gears. The scope of delivery also includes implementation of the external bus simulation (CAN/Flexray).
The test bay integrated in final assembly generally consists of several autonomous test benches, each equipped with a hydraulic unit for the clamping functions.
Every test bench primarily consists of:
- Base with base frame and pinion drive frame
- Electro-mechanical or hydraulic load units on the left and right
- Docking unit for vehicle points on the left and right
- Drive unit input shaft with centring gripper as well as torque and angle sensors
- Units for docking the power and bus connection to the steering column
- Safety systems
- Control cabinet, PC and control panel
- Flexible and expandable test bench software, with all quality data saved to a central location